Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for an Extended Care Program Case Manager to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Extended Care Program Case Manager supports Emergency Shelters (ES) by providing program development, oversight, leadership, case management, care, counseling, spiritual leadership and records management for men in the Extended Care Program (ECP).
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Essential Job Duties
- Monitor the safety and security of the shelter and guests throughout the shift, including doing hourly safety checks throughout the building and in sleeping areas.
- Conduct observed urine analysis checks in the restroom areas.
- § Due to the sensitive nature of these job functions we are only able to consider males for this job.
- Create and maintain program policies and procedures for ECP program.
- Work with other ES and Men’s Programs leaders to coordinate services.
- Conduct intake interviews with prospective ECP candidates.
- Meet weekly, or more often if needed, with ECP clients to discuss personal, medical, legal or other issues to determine their status and to insure they are meeting their established goals and successfully exit the ECP.
- Develop record and maintain case management files for assigned men as outlined in Clarity.
- Conduct crisis counseling when needed and recommend proper treatment or action to maintain order in the dormitories.
- Meet weekly with Supervisor to review clients’ goals, medication needs and progress.
- Meet weekly with Supervisor to discuss status of men assigned to ECP program and any pertinent program information.
- Maintain order, safety and peace in the ECP dormitories through appropriate involvement in conflict resolution and crisis intervention.
- Make independent decisions regarding program client discipline, including exiting based on program guidelines and management policies.
- Perform periodic drug screening of men when needed or as requested.
- Develop a spiritually positive program atmosphere through Bible studies, devotions and worship.
- Uses independent judgment to enter/exit program participants.
- Establish partnership with supporting medical centers and physicians.
- Establish and maintain relationships with medical education centers to provide internship opportunities.
- Work with the Volunteer Department to identify volunteer support for the program.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge and understanding of case management standards and practices required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
- Ability to conduct pastoral counseling required.
- Ability to discern emotional needs of clients and client manipulation required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information required. The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer extensively.
Education: BA/BS in related field or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience: Minimum of one year of addiction recovery experience required. Experience in rescue mission context highly preferred.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate urgency
- Strategic effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and scrappy