Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Lead Case Manager to join the Women and Children’s Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Lead Case Manager works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program. Oversees the case management at Hope Place, including the supervision of all case management staff and some volunteers and interns. This will include: spiritual leadership; staff scheduling, guidance, supervision and delegation of tasks where appropriate.
Our Women and Children’s Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee all case management at HP.
- Supervise program resident case management procedures, records and schedules.
- Oversee the maintenance of professional and confidential client files.
- Manage caseload of individual clients as needed, maintaining electronic and paper files.
- Oversee screening and assessment of clients.
- Help develop, coordinate, facilitate, support groups, classes and Bible studies.
- Provide crisis intervention information and referral help.
- Communicate daily with other staff via email and the Facility Log.
- Help in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of HP facility.
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant and Christian atmosphere at HP
- Ensure that all department programs and activities operate consistently with the Mission’s mission statement, corporate goals and core values.
- Provide direction in creating and implementing meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers may serve within the department.
- Administer observed urine collections for guests.
- Perform welfare checks in guest residences and restrooms.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider females for this position.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Other:
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Agreement with the purpose of the Mission’s programs and the grace-based team approach to ministry.
- Concerned, caring heart for needy families and a willingness to confront behavior consistently and respectfully.
- Ability to work in cooperation with the other Mission staff.
- Strong love for the Lord and for people.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer extensively.
BA/BS in Social Service or other behavioral science required.
Two years of experience in addiction recovery field may substitute up to 2 years higher education.
2 years of Case Management experience required.
1 year of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Prior experience in an addiction recovery field preferred.
Experience in rescue mission context preferred.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate urgency
- Strategic effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and scrappy