The position is Full Time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Glassdoor rated 4 out of 5 stars
The Events Manager is a key player behind successful event production and promotional campaigns for the ministries of CRISTA. Support the Director of Events in strategizing, planning and executing all levels of meetings and events for the organization including, but not limited to major annual fundraising events, corporate and promotional events, third-party events, as well as corporate and board meetings taking place on and off the main campus, both locally and afar. For any given event, this position will be involved in the overall planning, logistics, budget development, venue selection, timeline creation, vendor negotiation, and post-event analysis. Work closely with a variety of stakeholders and clients to ensure each event reflects the mission and message of CRISTA and/or the ministry represented.
(General overview and may not include all details of responsibilities)
- Event Production & Execution
- Work closely with Director of Events to develop and implement long-range goals, objectives, and strategies for all annual events.
- Develop and execute event plans, including but not limited to the following duties: timeline creation, budget management, venue, and vendor negotiation and management, scheduling and leading of pre-event logistics meetings, event communications, and post-event reporting of metrics and debriefing.
- Work collaboratively to set event programs and themes in collaboration with leadership and Marketing strategists; oversee speech writing, talent coordination, on-site logistics, catering, seating charts, and general lists.
- Track event key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events.
- Provide support/counsel role for other events taking place within the CRISTA family and outside third-party events; specific duties to vary based on the particular ministry and event.
- Manage the creative development of promotional campaigns and crossover opportunities in an effort to build awareness.
- Plan and coordinate all logistics for event set-up and promotional materials and ensure any needed volunteers are scheduled and trained. Manage logistics when at events and make any necessary changes to ensure events run smoothly.
- Attend events on behalf of CRISTA Ministries, both in the Seattle area and across the nation to represent CRISTA by talking to potential new donors and thereby ensuring the event is successful.
- Establish good communication with other stakeholders to ensure the execution and promotion of events meet all objectives.
- Provide direction to CRISTA Community Speaker/Liaison on how best to present CRISTA Ministries for any given marketing/promotional opportunities.
- Relationship Building
- Liaison and work with partners, such as artists, organizations or other advocates to plan and coordinate events, logistics and timelines for set-up, materials and any needed volunteers to meet objectives.
- Manage all event operations and staffing, including hiring and supervising outside resources, event staff, vendors, and volunteers. Ensure events runs smoothly.
- Assess volunteer needs for each project and collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to identify roles and responsibilities that need to be filled for each event as well as overall execution.
- Assist in identifying and recommending groups and resources to recruit volunteers from.
- Assist staff in answering questions, training and guidance on projects, so all staff and volunteers perform up to expectations.
- Coordinate day of meeting support including meeting set-up, turnover, AV and V/C support, and manage event inventory and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, CRISTA Leadership, co-workers, volunteers, and donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
The position will manage on a day-to-day basis any department interns that are hired on a seasonal basis, as well as all staff hired for each event including caterers, security, transportation, other vendors, and volunteers.
A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Two years of meeting/event planning experience with the following emphasis:
- Managing event budgets and planning both small and large signature events.
- Strong organizational, event project management and program development skills.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
Exceptional computer skills in MS Office suite. Event software experience with Greater Giving or other similar software. Able to learn programs such as Photoshop, project management software, web editing software, etc.
- Must work well under pressure and fluid conditions; working unusual work hours at times.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Displays strong critical thinking, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a complex, cross-functional, highly collaborative team environment with supervisor, co-workers, and customers.
- A skilled negotiator with proven experience in finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- A clear understanding of what superior customer service entails.
- Willingness to be hands-on in all aspects of meeting and event set-up teardown.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in event planning, marketing, or communications from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Public speaking, teaching, and/or group facilitation experience.
- Video production, editing and scriptwriting experience.
- Active involvement with volunteer organizations.
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
Volunteer Management Certification; Event Management Certification
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
- Event Software; Greater Giving Event Software (preferred but not required)
- Raiser’s Edge or other Donor Management Software