Position is Full Time
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Compensation: 70k-95K DOE
Glassdoor rated 4 out of 5 stars
If you're an experienced financial professional and leader who is interested in helping others and working for an organization of faith in Christ, this is the job for you!
CRISTA is a non-profit organization with a family of ministries loving God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief & development, senior living and media.
The Director of Finance is responsible for assessing and maintaining the financial health of Senior Living. Facilitate financial forecasts, strategies related to metric and data assessment, variance analysis and special projects with a strong focus on health care operations (assisted living and skilled nursing). Provide technical support, financial consulting and strategic analysis to Senior Living management and senior executives. Identify industry specific metrics and benchmarks, prepare financial presentations, conduct industry/peer group comparisons, assess new business opportunities, analyze capital expenditures, and other projects as requested for Senior Living. Provide insight and support for optimal business decision making. Provide systems expertise and training on budgeting and reporting tools specific to the long-term care and skilled nursing business. Conduct research, perform special projects and prepare other reports as needed. This position will work closely with and report to the Vice President for Senior Living with dotted line reporting to CRISTA’s Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
Leadership in the following areas:
- Responsible to financially model new contracts, services and payor mix ratios in collaboration with other Directors to help with marketing efforts and increased efficiency in operations.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process for department heads through a strategic period of evaluation and future vision casting.
- Provide recommendations to VP of Senior Living regarding best business practices, financial ratios and any other changes based on financial evaluations and industry standards.
Finance and Accounting
- Manage the preparation and development of Senior Living annual operating and capital budgets, forecasts, revised targets, and ongoing reports and analysis. Ensure timely and relevant production of documents, reports and budgets. Lead Senior Living finance initiatives.
- Compile financial analysis and dashboards for Senior Living. Design management reports and key performance measures as needed.
- Oversee preparation and filing of all Medicare/Medicaid Cost reports.
- Ownership for denial appeals and oversight for claims edits appeals. Submit, track and pursue appeals working in conjunction with facility operational staff to support the appeal.
- Keep current on regulatory requirements and ensure compliance.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual Bond Compliance Filings with Washington State.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations specific to the financial affairs of Senior Living.
- Participate in CSL Compliance Committee.
- Lead the Medicare Compliance Program, including claims monitoring, auditing and reporting errors and omissions to CMS and OIG as applicable.
- Manage government audits such as an RAC or MIC.
- Review and establish policies, procedures and systems to ensure the smooth operation of Senior Living’s business office functions.
- Develop, implement and administer and/or coordinate policies and procedures necessary for the effective financial operations across Senior Living in operational areas that cross into business operations, e.g. Medical Records and MDS.
- Oversee resident and family customer services as provided by business office staff, including response to billing queries.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. (MBA preferred but not required)
- Three years of experience in health care billing/business office setting or transferable experience in a business environment.
- Three years experience with demonstrated success in budgeting, planning for future fiscal years and leading operations to minimize cycle time and maximize revenue.
- Previous experience as a business manager, finance manager or CFO in a health care setting with the ability to lead and teach a team to meet operational requirements and optimize business functions, or equivalent transferable experience.
- Familiarity with the healthcare and/or senior services industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to facilitate group presentations.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, as well as a deeply ingrained passion for seniors to successfully nurture relationships.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, as well as the ability to learn new applications; previous knowledge of a client relationship management tool for tracking leads preferred.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues in aging
- Knowledge of Senior Care Industry
- Able to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, seniors, vendors and physicians, community providers and other customers
- Able to drive change and work in a matrix environment