FIND CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATIONS
findaChristian helps you find schools, colleges, missions, ministries, businesses and counsellors.YOUR SEARCH STARTS HERE
The Staff Development Nurse is responsible for assessing nursing staff educational needs and planning and implementing instructional programs to meet those needs as well as State and Federal staff training requirements. This position will meet regulatory requirements, standards of care and resident/family expectations and will lead in order to achieve department and facility objectives, both programmatic and fiscal. As part of the facility leadership team, they serves as a role -model of professionalism, expertise, Christian faith and service. This position provides leadership for the functional areas of Staff Development Assistant, Central Supply, and Medical Records.
Essential Job Duties:
Staff Development Coordinator and Infection Control Preventionist:
1 . The ability to determine staff learning needs.
2. Provides leadership in formulating - facility wide training and education goals and objectives.
3. Manage facility Infection Control program
4. Develops and presents interactive staff training programs on centralized or decentralized basis as needed.
5. Provides one on one remedial training to address inadequate individual skills/knowledge
6. Uses various training techniques to optimize staff learning, included may be lecture format, printed materials,hand on demonstrations, role playing , group sessions, one on one training , unit based instructions, etc.
7. Makes provisions for staff training and education on all 3 shifts and weekends as necessary
8. Develops and publishes monthly training program calendar/schedule
9. Maintains records regarding staff attendance at in-service training sessions.
10. Participates in general orientation program for new employees providing specialized training in infection control/blood borne pathogens, Hepatitis B vaccinations and other required clinical information
1 1 . Provides direct supervision to departmental personnel offering training, guidance, coaching, counseling, as needed to correct and improve performance and holding them accountable for care giving practices, record keeping, dress code standards, attendance, policy compliance, etc.
12. Maintains current clinical knowledge and knowledge of nursing home licensure requirements in order to ensure that educational information provided to staff is current.
13. Develop a cross department cooperative spirit within the ministry.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
(Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
• Agreement and support of CRISTA' statement of faith Living and maturing in a Christ-centered life-style Education: Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a health related facility.
• Proven decision making processes.
• Ability to understand and implement minimum data sets (MDS) billing system with nursing management
• Administrative and organizational skills.
• Experience in developing program and implementing budgets.
• A working knowledge of federal and state policies and regulations.
• Experience with training, staffing, medical records requirements and functions.
Licensure/Certification: Nursing License in good standing with the State of Washington
• Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with a wide spectrum of personalities, leadership, supervisors, staff, residents, families and peers.
• Ability to lead in both a direct and matrix model
• Ability to mentor and counsel supervisors and staff
• Read , write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level
Software and Equipment Used:
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft office
• Working knowledge of Outlook