Position Is FULL TIME
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Compensation: $22-$27/hr DOE
Glassdoor rated 4 out of 5 stars
CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
CRISTA Ministries is looking for a Maintenance Technician with a background as an electrician who will be responsible for routine maintenance, special projects and other assignments of CRISTA Facilities under the direct supervision from assigned Maintenance Supervisors. Applicants with less than 2 years of experience will be considered for the level I opportunity and may also apply. CRISTA is located on a beautiful 56 acre campus with several buildings dating back to 1913 known previously as the Firlands Turberculosis Sanatorium. Today CRISTA is a family of ministries loving God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief & development, senior living, and media. Do you want to use your skills and expertise in a place where your faith integrates with your work? Consider joining our Facilities team and join us in continuing an amazing legacy of loving God by serving people.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform maintenance tasks such as repairing sheetrock, plumbing systems, electrical fixtures, door hardware, etc.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance.
- Operate small and large power equipment.
- Assist other Maintenance Technicians as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment: Must have a genuine personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction, general maintenance or similar field.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude and use all necessary tools with skill.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance skills such as repairing sheetrock, plumbing systems, electrical fixtures, door hardware, etc.
- Ability to make repairs on equipment or physical plant, and to evaluate the need for repairs or replacement.
- Experience in a specialized trade, such as carpentry, plumbing or electrical.
- Licensure/Certification: Current, valid Washington State driver's license.
- Other Considerations:
- Quality and detail orientated.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Occasional overtime or unusual hours for on-call responsibilities or emergencies.
- Work outdoors in inclement or harsh weather including snow removal, as assigned.
- May be required to supply own hand tools.
- Wear a CRISTA provided uniform.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Small and Large power equipment
- Hand tools
- Safety equipment
- Sewer machine augur
Preferred Qualifications: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Education: Completion of trade school or apprenticeship program.
- Experience in maintaining older buildings.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- CPR/First Aid
- CPO (Certified pool operator)
- Journeymen level card in a trade
- Software and Equipment Used: Specialized trade tools.
- Other Considerations:
- Proficient at more than one specialized trade.
- Letter of recommendation.