We don’t sell mops; we gather moms. Here at MOPS, we believe in the simple but revolutionary idea that remarkable things happen when moms come together. That’s why we rally women, in their own neighborhoods, to help them become more brave, kind and honest, one gathering at a time.
We’re a family friendly, faith-based organization looking for hungry, smart and humble individuals to grow MOPS and make us better at cultivating communities of moms around the world. We have fun as we work, and when all else fails we eat chocolate and drink coffee together.
If the warm fuzzy feelings you get from serving moms aren’t enough, we also offer benefits like health insurance, a retirement plan that MOPS matches, and lots of holidays and vacation days. So get ready to work hard, laugh often and celebrate victories with us along the way.
MOPS International is looking to hire a full-time, rock star Executive Assistant. This person’s focus will be to stay one step ahead of the Executive Team! So pick up your laptop, send us your resume and we'll do an incredibly embarrassing happy dance.
Here’s the 411:
- Demonstrate flexibility in the face of change.
- Project a positive demeanor regardless of changes in working conditions.
- Show the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
- Masterful at calendar management including balancing professional and personal schedules for the CEO/COO.
- Manage conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow for the CEO/COO and herself/himself, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Coordinate all travel for CEO/COO including making sure known traveler number and frequent flyer numbers are used, itinerary is printed for each trip and seat assignments are finalized.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs
- Demonstrate the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
- Utilize analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
- Help with personal details that make CEO/COO lives run more smoothly such as lunches, errands, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Interact professionally with MOPS staff, MOPS Board, MOPS Donors and Strategic Partners at all times.
- Promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Organizational Management
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
- Actively attend and participate in executive level meetings requiring confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of the MOPS Strategic Plan. Must continually stay abreast of MOPS goals and help CEO/COO prioritize opportunities.
- Prepare and manage budgets for the Executive Office (Executive and Board).
- Bookkeeping and assisting with monthly close process.
- Public Relations
- Serve as liaison between PR firm and CEO for speaking engagements.
- Help CEO with social media and promotion of speaking gigs.
- Update and maintain CEO’s website including speaking calendar, new media clips and writing.
- Maintain file of all accepted requests, including completed forms, travel arrangements, and other related information.
- Communicate CEO/COO’s speaking engagements and travel with Team Leaders and staff as needed.
- Board Relations
- Ensure communication with the Board is excellent and error free.
- Maintain correspondence, minutes, and agendas.
- Manage Board information including official documents, Board policies and manual.
- Board meeting preparation, including pre-meeting document creation and meeting logistics.
- Coordinate arrangements for Board member attendance at Board meetings and MOPS events.
- Manage details related to Board member relations.
- Take initiative with Board appreciation and care (birthdays, Christmas, etc.).
- Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
- Extremely high level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Previous Executive Assistant experience preferred.
- Passionate about serving the CEO and COO.
- Extremely flexible with a servant attitude.
- Able to refine and develop ideas and projects and/or take new ideas and get projects “off the ground.”
- Listening skills - Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills.
- Oral - Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood.
- Written - Produces well thought‐out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Professional conduct and appearance (using discretion, displaying positive attitude, etc.).
- Expert skill level in Microsoft Office including creating PowerPoint presentations and formatting and editing Word documents.
- Strong team player.
- Calm and poised under pressure.
- Coachable -- takes directions well.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation.
- Ability to stay one step ahead of the CEO and COO and remembers small yet pertinent details about the CEO and COO.
The Executive Assistant is an in-office, full-time position that is eligible for all of our benefits.
Send us your resume and cover letter so that we can get to know you better! Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our mission.
To view the complete job description, go to http://www.mops.org/about/employment/.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Let the happy dance commence.