Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Guest Services Associate to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Guest Services Associate works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing welcome center environment for men and women in the Men’s shelter. This position is a part of a 24-hour team to provide information, referral and support services to the guests. They are responsible for providing leadership for the guests, overseeing volunteers and activities, maintaining facility safety and cleanliness.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Various shifts available:
Thursday from 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM and Friday - Monday from 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM.
Overnight Guest Services Sunday - Thursday from 10:30 PM - 6:30 AM
Essential Job Duties
- Perform as a God-honoring steward of Mission property, including job related equipment and facilities.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis, responding to their questions and guiding them to the appropriate service
- Monitor all safety and fire hazards, as well as guest activity.
- Administer observed urine collections for drug screening of guests.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.
- Take appropriate disciplinary actions in accordance with Mission guidelines and personal competency, packaged in grace.
- Maintain records of guests and all mat assignments.
- Issue mat tickets and meal tickets, grant late passes, sort and distribute mail, and prepare incident reports.
- Prepare daily statistical reports, closeouts, daily report, clarity data entry, and cash and kind receipts.
- Facilitate the requesting and fulfillment of clothing, hygiene supplies, etc., for guests.
- Be available to equip, encourage, and work with outside volunteers.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Maintain peace and order around the facility perimeter by developing positive relationships with the guests.
- De-escalate and resolve conflicts and issues according to departmental protocol, and submit Incident Reports.
- Perform frequent security checks and respond to any issues within the Men’s Shelter building and the perimeter.
- Take responsibility for keeping Welcome Center office secure and tidy.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff is encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Customer service skill and problem resolution ability.
- Ability to use software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Clarity, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Team.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer extensively.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
1 year customer service experience required.
1 year working in a social services environment required.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate Urgency
- Strategic Effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and Scrappy