Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Distribution Center Assistant to join the Gifts-In-Kind team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Distribution Center Assistant helps connect the inventory of the Distribution Center with the various ministers at the Seattle Union Gospel Mission. As well as helping support other non-profits throughout King County. This is accomplished through helping donors, sorting donations, leading volunteers, driving a box truck and giving excellent customer service to clients. A strong candidate will be able to help meet department and mission goals.
Our Gifts-In-Kind team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Essential Job Duties
- Able to accurately and efficiently pick orders for Mission facilities and non-profit partners.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers, donors and co-workers through excellent customer service.
- Sort incoming donations and place all donations in designated area.
- Able to drive a box truck to pick-up and deliver donations as needed.
- Maintain and keep designated area clean, safe and organized.
- Train and supervise volunteers on proper Distribution Center procedures and tasks.
- Complete all necessary paperwork.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver's License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to be accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to be reliable and on-time for designated shift
- Ability to work alongside Mission staff, program clients/interns, donors and non-profit partners.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis required
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Warehouse experience preferred; forklift operation experience required, food handling experience
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate Urgency
- Strategic effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and scrappy