Position is FULL TIME
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Glassdoor rated 4 out 5 stars
The CRISTA Media Marketing & Promotions Director is responsible for managing and supervising the KCMS/KCIS Promotions department in accordance with the strategic plan, and as directed by Media’s KCMS/KCIS VP. Execute station’s marketing and advertising plans, manage and implement promotions for Programming and Sales, oversee the external imaging of KCMS and KCIS to promote and enhance public perception, and implement station management directives to ensure mission and brand excellence of CRISTA’s two Seattle radio stations. Work in partnership with the other Marketing Directors to retain the CRISTA brand conformity, leverage Media assets, and market and promote CRISTA and its ministries as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the MARKETING & PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR
- Implement promotions, including promotional logistics and details in line with management’s vision. Manage promotional inventory, station events, external communication, collateral material, station letterhead, station logo design and usage compliance, press releases for Media, and promotional giveaway items.
- Oversee Promotions Assistant, Coordinators, interns, and volunteers. Manage station promotional personnel, activities and productivity.
- Work collaboratively with Program Director, Sales Manager and General Manager to establish and implement non-traditional revenue opportunities for the stations. Maximize station promotions for sponsorship opportunities that drive revenue, promote station branding, and follow along with station goals for sales and listener growth.
- Manage remote and station appearances. Oversee station vehicle and ensure safe driving activities. Comply with CRISTA safety and personnel policy, event scheduling, personnel deployment, and coordination with Programming and Sales.
- Conduct weekly promotion meetings with Promotions staff and Account Executives to brainstorm, approve, track and allocate all sales and station promotions.
- Meet with General Sales Manager and Program Director a minimum of twice per month to communicate the status of all current promotions, pending initiatives, and brainstorm new ways to grow the audience.
- Ensure station contests are conducted in compliance with contest rules.
- Plan and coordinate station share days with direction from the Director of Fundraising, including but not limited to: coordination of giveaways, staff and train the phone rooms appropriately, coordinate food & snacks, and approve donor copy that is sent out prior and following Share Days.
- Participate in station management planning meetings.
- Elevate the standards and performance of station's digital assets, including texting, website content, social media and graphic excellence.
- Maximize station promotions for sponsorship opportunities to drive revenue by working with the Sales Manager.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES of the MARKETING & PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR: Promotions Coordinators, Promotions Assistant, and Interns.
A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual growth and development. Demonstrates the values of a CRISTA leader.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Three years in radio promotions, media marketing, or advertising agencies.
- Two years of managing employees.
SOFTWARE / EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE
PromoSuite, Wide Orbit, Microsoft Office Products
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to anticipate and adjust to rapid changes in media business.
- Highly effective at leading and managing staff, and building good rapport with other departments and general public.
- Working knowledge of cutting edge digital media.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and creative.
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities on a continuous basis.
- Understanding of Nielsen ratings process.
- Able to positively influence ratings and sales growth through marketing and promotions.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and aggressively pursue opportunities.
- Able to initiate and lead at a senior departmental position, beyond administering basic departmental business.
- Familiarity and expertise in technology that supports on-air, online, and on-the-ground promotional efforts, including texting, online contesting platforms, smart speaker technology and mobile apps.
Marketing or Advertising Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
Five or more years in radio promotions, marketing, advertising and/or digital media.
Relationships with promotional partners in the Seattle are.