Full Time position
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
Glassdoor rated 4 out of 5 stars
The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and quality in delivery of care by the resident caregivers. Hire, train, supervise and schedule all caregivers. Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the care delivery by caregivers. Coordinate, gather information and update any changes to Resident Service Plans under direction with the nurses and Director of Nursing.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule caregivers for all shifts and maintain adequate and capable staff for resident care delivery.
- Monitor resident care needs.
- Work closely with nurses on duty and alert the Director of Nursing when a resident has a change in condition for care needs.
- Address resident and family concerns and coordinate a quality outcome with the Director of Nursing.
- Schedules routine care conferences for residents, invite residents and surrogate decision makers to the conferences and participate in the care conferences to provide feedback as needed and requested.
- Review, gather information and update any changes to Resident Service Plans under direction of charge nurses and/or Director of Nursing.
- Coordinate services relating to resident care needs, including the ordering, monitoring and assignment of resident supplies.
- Perform audits for resident care delivery as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Respond to resident special requests.
- Ensure fair and consistent discipline is administered equally throughout the community per facility policy and procedure.
- Ensure fair and accurate evaluations of assigned employees on a timely basis.
- Prepare and maintain facility and resident statistics and reports using a variety of tools.
- Review medical records on the electronic charting system on a routine basis to determine timeliness of a variety of assessments, including elopement, emergencies, medication services, MMSE and depression scale test, code status, vital signs, etc.
- Update assessments as directed by the Director of Nursing and as within scope of practice.
- Interview residents and/or family members to obtain accurate medical and personal information.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise in consultation with the Director of Nursing. Refer residents to appropriate resources.
- Maintain a friendly, respectful, helpful attitude toward residents, their families, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Attend in-services and other meetings as directed.
- Know and implement facility safety rules.
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment. Report equipment needs or repairs.
- Ensure adherence to smoking policies.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Personal conduct that reflects well on CRISTA Ministries and supports our personal conduct policy
Perform all duties consistent with the CRISTA Ministries Mission Statement
Oversee Assisted Living NAC staff
• Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
• Agreement and support of CRISTA’s Doctrinal Statement.
EDUCATION: High School Graduate or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year of supervisory experience
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION
Maintain NAC certification in good standing, CPR, First Aid and Food Handlers Card.