We don’t sell mops; we gather moms. Here at MOPS, we believe in the simple but revolutionary idea that remarkable things happen when moms come together. That’s why we rally women, in their own neighborhoods, to help them become more brave, kind and honest, one gathering at a time.
We’re a family friendly, faith-based organization looking for hungry, smart and humble individuals to grow MOPS and make us better at cultivating communities of moms around the world. We have fun as we work, and when all else fails we eat chocolate and drink coffee together.
If the warm fuzzy feelings you get from serving moms aren’t enough, we also offer benefits like health insurance, a retirement plan that MOPS matches, and lots of holidays and vacation days. So get ready to work hard, laugh often and celebrate victories with us along the way.
MOPS International is looking to hire a full-time, rock star Executive Assistant. This person’s focus will be to stay one step ahead of the Executive Team! So pick up your laptop, send us your resume and we'll do an incredibly embarrassing happy dance.
Here’s the 411:
- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment, readily adapts personal behavior and response to others.
- Show the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations and is confident under pressure.
- Manages ambiguity by operating effectively even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Masterful at calendar management including balancing professional and personal schedules for the CEO/COO.
- Manages conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow for the CEO/COO and herself/himself, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Coordinate all travel for CEO/COO including making sure known traveler number and frequent flyer numbers are used, itinerary is printed for each trip and seat assignments are finalized.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs
- Takes on new tasks and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Help with personal details that make CEO/COO lives run more smoothly such as lunches, errands, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Maintains the confidence and trust of the staff, Executive Leadership Team and the CEO/COO through honesty, confidentiality, integrity and authenticity.
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
- Help with bookkeeping on a weekly basis including processing invoices, entry int QuickBooks, running reports and miscellaneous accounting tasks.
- Perform data entry int our primary system for tracking groups and moms.
- Assist with office management including the copy room, incoming and outgoing mail, meetings rooms, office supplies, etc.
- Help CEO with social media and promotion of speaking gigs.
- Update and maintain CEO’s website including speaking calendar, new media clips and writing.
- Maintain file of all accepted requests, including completed forms, travel arrangements, and other related information.
- Ensure communication with the Board is excellent and error free.
- Maintain correspondence, minutes, and agendas.
- Manage Board information including official documents, Board policies and manual.
- Board meeting preparation, including pre-meeting document creation and meeting logistics.
- Take initiative with Board appreciation and care (birthdays, Christmas, etc.).
- Follower of Jesus and able to faithfully sign and uphold the MOPS Faith and Values Statement.
- Extremely high level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Previous Executive Assistant experience preferred.
- Passionate about serving the CEO and COO.
- Extremely flexible with a servant attitude.
- Able to refine and develop ideas and projects and/or take new ideas and get projects “off the ground.”
- Listening skills - Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills.
- Oral - Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood.
- Written - Produces well thought‐out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Professional conduct and appearance (using discretion, displaying positive attitude, etc.).
- Expert skill level in Microsoft Office including creating PowerPoint presentations and formatting and editing Word documents.
- Strong team player.
- Calm and poised under pressure.
- Coachable -- takes directions well.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation.
- Bookkeeping - Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to stay one step ahead of the CEO and COO and remembers small yet pertinent details about the CEO and COO.
The Executive Assistant is an in-office, full-time position that is eligible for all of our benefits with an hourly rate of $16 to $19 depending on experience. During the pandemic, we are working remote a majority of the time, but need to be available to go into the office on occasion.
Send us your resume and cover letter so that we can get to know you better! Don’t be shy, tell us why this is the perfect job for you and why you’re excited about our mission.
To view the complete job description, go to http://www.mops.org/about/employment/.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Let the happy dance commence.